Discussion Forums - Forums for discussion of accessible web site design
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  Content Enhanced - Use Any Browser
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Posts to this forum are now disabled due to low use and abuse by spammers.

CSS Issue - IE sees site differently than all others

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Any Browser Forums Forum Index -> Browser Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mohorrigan



Joined: 02 Nov 2008
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: CSS Issue - IE sees site differently than all others Reply with quote

I have created a website in Dreamweaver on a Mac. It views correctly in Firefox, Safari, and Opera. But, according to my brother, in IE the footer appears to be moved over to the right. I'm kind of new to CSS.
I do not have a PC, only a Mac so I cannot view the site in IE.

Is there a way I can fix the footer in CSS to include proper viewing in IE?

See: http://www.mysharpimage.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrian



Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 52

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: CSS Issue - IE sees site differently than all others Reply with quote

mohorrigan wrote:
I have created a website in Dreamweaver on a Mac. It views correctly in Firefox, Safari, and Opera. But, according to my brother, in IE the footer appears to be moved over to the right. I'm kind of new to CSS.
I do not have a PC, only a Mac so I cannot view the site in IE.

Is there a way I can fix the footer in CSS to include proper viewing in IE?

See: http://www.mysharpimage.com/


Looks OK in IE6 @ 1280x1024.
What specification has your brother got?
I cannot reproduce it so can't suggest a fix.
_________________
Adrian

Rayfields accessibility consultancy - Independent Testers - Breakofday
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mohorrigan



Joined: 02 Nov 2008
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: CSS issue - IE sees it differently than all others Reply with quote

Thank you, Adrian. My brother is using IE7. I'm not sure which OS, I know it is not Vista, but is likely the most recent prior to Vista.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mohorrigan



Joined: 02 Nov 2008
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: CSS issue - IE sees it differently than all others Reply with quote

mohorrigan wrote:
Thank you, Adrian. My brother is using IE7. I'm not sure which OS, I know it is not Vista, but is likely the most recent prior to Vista.


Actually he's using Microsoft XP 0perating system.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrian



Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: CSS issue - IE sees it differently than all others Reply with quote

mohorrigan wrote:
mohorrigan wrote:
Thank you, Adrian. My brother is using IE7. I'm not sure which OS, I know it is not Vista, but is likely the most recent prior to Vista.


Actually he's using Microsoft XP 0perating system.


Like I said before, looks ok in IE6 and I'm using XP also.
Have you tried browsershots.org?
_________________
Adrian

Rayfields accessibility consultancy - Independent Testers - Breakofday
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mohorrigan



Joined: 02 Nov 2008
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, again Adrian. I am checking out Browsershots.org now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Any Browser Forums Forum Index -> Browser Issues All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
This board is protected by Phpbbantispam
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group