Discussion Forums - Forums for discussion of accessible web site design
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  Content Enhanced - Use Any Browser
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Posts to this forum are now disabled due to low use and abuse by spammers.

No background images
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Any Browser Forums Forum Index -> Browser Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have just found this link and in a way relieved that I am not the only one with this problem. As above I am also using XP plus SP2 and my problem began after I stwitched my blog at www.blogspot.com from the old system to there much touted better version. It made a mess of it. The green colour of my Blog disappeared on my PC but was there on other machines.

I am using a brand new Dell Inspiron. I also took FF off and back on and did that funny conversion for IE 7.0 to make it think like 6.0, but to no avail.

I crosschecked the advanced settings for internet access and tweaked here and there and everywhere but to no avail.

Please please boffins out there find a solution.

Many thanks, Lore.
weird7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad is also having the same problem. He is using a Dell laptop with XP SP2. He also has Norton installed. Both IE and FF will not display background colors, background images, and all text is black and all links are blue.

I created a simple HTML file on his machine and no matter what I did to the code for background color (using bgcolor or using CSS) - it would not display anything other than white. Text would not display anything other than black though I could change the text size.

Has anyone found a solution?
lore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: still fighting Reply with quote

I read that having two firewalls up is bad , so I cut off my McAfee ñ no avail. I am reluctant to wipe out all and reload Windows because I got a bad feeling this problem will not go away. I also reset the P.C. back to earlier dates before the nonsense started ñ to no avail. Could this be a DELL problem ?
quiestla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have the same problem and have not yet found an answer. FYI this is not a Dell problem, i have a Compaq.
chefsam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Gateway... and am having the exact same issue...

No background colors or images, dropdown menus are transparent...

Banners, Images, text seem to work....

I'm totally annoyed by this.

I've gone the firewall route to no avail, have upgraded FireFox to the latest version, and searched through all manner of settings... nothing.

PLEASE HELP.
noahjscales

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Same problem here Reply with quote

Running Firefox 2.0.0.2 and IE 6 on my Dell Inspiron in Windows XP SP2 with Intel display settings of 800X1200, neither will display a background image set in HTML or CSS. The code is valid, and displays properly in Opera 9. My guess is that bug reports need to be filed with both Microsoft and Mozilla regarding this issue.

Also wanting help, since firefox is my browser of choice.

-Noah
BarcodeNut

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: IE background not displaying - FIXED Reply with quote

I fixed the issue on my IE7 not showing background images on ANY website I visited. I remember mucking with this one setting and didn't put 2+2 together that this is the setting that is hurting my IE experience.

Here is the fix:

Open Control Panel
Open Acessibility Options (at top)
Click the Display TAB
Uncheck the box, "Use High Contrast"
Click OK

This fixed my problem immediately when I refreshed my Internet Explorer window.

Hope this helps you all.

Brent Case
www.rollingwoodhoa.org
lore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: We are saved Reply with quote

BRENT CASE

You are an absolute GENIUSÖEurekaÖit WORKS!!! It also works on Firefox and everything elseÖI see coloursÖI see the LIGHT. You get the P.C. Oscar.

Many, many thanks. May you win the lottery and have many children.

Best regards,

Lore.
chefsam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: thank you thank you thank you Reply with quote

That did the trick!!
noahjscales

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: You did it, Mr. Case! Reply with quote

Works great! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mr. Brent Case!

-Noah
twosleepy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I CANNOT BELIEVE it was that simple!!! I have had Dell on the phone for HOURS about this issue, because it occurred only after my hard drive crashed, was replaced and WXP SP2 reinstalled (by me). I had to download the chipset, drivers, etc., and had this background problem from the start. I knew it was a system-wide issue because although it was most noticeable in browser windows, it did the same thing in FF and IE, but also prevented stuff like my OE stationery and backgrounds of non-internet windows like McAfee. I would love to hear from a technowiz about WHY this setting causes that problem. It must have been reset by some Microsoft update or something, and betcha anything more and more people run into it. I am SO SO SO HAPPY I stumbled on this website and got it fixed after WEEKS of frustration. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :0)
bdennis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: No background images Reply with quote

Backtround images for all websites were not showing up in Firefox (they did until a couple of days ago), but do display in I.E.

After being baffled for a couple of hours looking for a place to reset the browser settings, and after uninstalling Firefox and removing all traces of it from my computer, I found the easy solution.

With Firefox CLOSED..important to make sure it is closed (File--> Exit or CTRL ALT DEL), then go to START --> PROGRAMS --> MOZILLA FIREFOX --> MOZILLA FIREFOX (safe mode). This is not Windows Safe Mode, but just a simple interace with check boxes.

I chose RESET ALL USERS PREFERENCES TO FIREFOX DEFAULTS. Then open Firefox, and you're back to normal.

So simple, yet, I never even thought of it.

Hope this saves somebody else some time.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Any Browser Forums Forum Index -> Browser Issues All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: